WordPress is a term you definitely knew or at least have heard about a lot and there’s no need to talk about its important role in today web design.Â As a web designer, whether you like or not, you cannot neglect it if you want to continue your business. In this post we have put together a list of some of the best Video Tutorials on WordPress (including designing and coding for wordpress). Here’s your chance to learn WordPress if your time is limited and don’t have much time to spend on books.Â The video tuts featured here are for both beginner and advanced users.
1- Designing for WordPress
In this three parts series Chris Coyierâ€™s goes to walk through designing for WordPress:
- Running time: 16 minutes
- This part is about downloading and installing WordPress and installing the â€˜starkersâ€™ theme.
- Running time: 53 minutes
- In this part you will go over the theory behind designing for WordPress.
- Running time: 59:38
- In this part you will learn how to finish up the design and start in with some more advanced functionality.
2- Hodgepodge of WordPress Tricks
The running time of this WordPress video tutorial is 43 minutes and it covers:
- Listing categories with a built-in function and building a tabbed navigation from them with â€œcurrent tabâ€ functionality
- Numbering comments with a simple incremented PHP variable.
- Improving WordPress search with a plugin and making better design choices.
- Setting better titles for all pages.
- Setting different backgrounds based on URL.
- Setting different styling based on the post ID.
3- 10 Tips To Make WordPress Hack-Proof
What a fantastic WordPress video tutorial is really is! It would be perfect to learn some security tips to avoid getting hacked and keeping your WordPress secure.
4- Add a twitter field to your form (WordPress) wp-twitip-id
A five minutes WordPress video tutorial that is about installing and configuring the wp-twitip-id plugin for WordPress blogs.
5- All in One SEO Pack – WordPress Plugin
â€˜All in One Seo packâ€™. Yes, itâ€™s the name of one of the recommended WordPress plugins and this WordPress video tutorial shows you how to use it for WordPress.
6- Configuring WordPress
Here you can access 8 series WordPress video tutorials that all of them are about configuring WordPress:
7- Creating a WordPress Template
In this 3 series WordPress video tutorials you will learn how to create a simple WordPress template:
8- Using CSS and Blockquote
Itâ€™s really recommended to watch this video to see how you can use the blockquote icon (the indent icon) and CSS formatting to make an otherwise normally-formatted paragraph change color, change position, and italicize. In this way, any time you needed to use that particular formatting on a page, you would just use the blockquote icon.
9 – Lost Password, Update User Info
Have you ever lost your password? Donâ€™t miss this video tutorial to learn what to do after losting password and learn how to update user info on WordPress.
10 – Sharing Your Content for Traffic â€“ Tutorial
This video tutorial helps you to Learn how to share your blog content and improve traffic while knowing exactly where your traffic is coming from and which articles generate it.
11 – 10 Advanced WordPress Video Tutorials
While I was searching, encountered with 10 perfect advanced WordPress video tutorials that are avalilable for direct downloading in .zip format. In the list below you can see the tittle of all of them:
- How to Upgrade WordPress Using cPanel
- Upgrading WordPress Automatically Via The Dashboard
- How to Install and Set-up Windows Live Writer
- How to Use Windows Live Writer to Write Content
- Installing New Plugins in Windows Live Writer
- How to Create Backups for Your WordPress Blog
- How to Edit WordPress Theme CSS Styles
- How to Create a Static Front Page in WordPress
- Introduction to Getting a FeedBurner Account
- . Redirecting Your Default RSS Feed to Feedburner
12 – WordPress Tutorial Custom Post Background
This video tutorial can answers one of the common question of many WordPress users, which says: â€œCan I have different backgrounds on different pages?â€
13 – Advanced WordPress Thumbnail Generation
The title says all about this video tutorial. Yes! in this tutorial you will learn how to have thumbnail on your WordPress blog.
14 – New Features of WordPress 2.9
This tech video from Kentucky Classroom teaches you all about WordPress 2.9’s new features.
15 – How to Run WordPress on Your Windows Computer Using XAMPP
This video tutorials includes two parts to learn you how to simply run WordPress on your Windows Computer.
5,612 total views, 2 views today